Children have been returning to school once a week, following hygiene and safety measures, as cases are still on the rise in the country, while on the community level cases have currently ceased.
World Vision is providing support and assistance by:
- Conducting regular home visits
- Starting life skills-based education
- Conducting positive parenting sessions
- Supporting children with educational materials
- Distributing hygiene kits to 300 families
- Providing families with an alternative source of income by supporting them with livestock (ducks)
- Distributing PPE to health service providers
- Jointly working with the government and partner organizations to aid in the community’s recovery
- Providing improved sanitary latrines for 115 households
- Educating community members about the vaccination and facilitating their vaccination registration
As part of the country’s continued efforts against COVID-19, children above 12 are now also eligible for vaccinations.