Your monthly sponsorship and prayers for your sponsored child are such a generous gift!
But what if you’d like to give a little extra so your child can enjoy a special surprise?
A Gift Notification goes above and beyond your regular donation to provide extra things that your sponsored child and their family need.
Our colleagues in the field will source for the gifts locally and deliver it to your sponsored child.
When you send a gift notification, our local staff will consult your sponsored child and their family to select things they need like school supplies, clothing, livestock or other items.
Common Gifts purchased for sponsored children
(gift items and prices will vary according to the different communities)
- Livestock (goat, sheep)
- Needful items (school supplies, uniforms, clothes, groceries, household items)
- Each sponsored child can receive only one Gift Notification a year (Oct - Aug)*
- The minimum amount is USD$100 and the maximum USD$200
- A nominal administration fee of SGD$20 per Gift Notification will be applied to cover costs of fund transfer.
- No cash will be given directly to the child or family. The usual process is that our colleagues in the area will get in touch with the sponsored child's family and find out what are their needs at the moment before making the purchases for the family.
- According to the new sponsorship standards set by World Vision International, 25% of your gift under USD$200 and all amounts in excess of USD$200 will also go towards benefiting the community as a whole, to promote a sense of fairness and progressing together.
- We will request for the amount to be donated in Singapore dollars. Exchange rate is based on the website here
- After the funds is processed on our side, the gifts will be purchased by our colleagues in the field and given to the family. They will then prepare a report of the gift with photos and mail it to you.
*In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, gift notification requests can still be accepted, but may not be processed until lockdown restrictions are lifted. We will keep you informed accordingly.
Sponsored children with gifts from their sponsors
Anar, 4, and her family are blessed by the heartwarming gifts from her sponsor.
Dimpal, 7 and his family received a goat which will increase their household income.
With a bicycle, Sokhouy, 12, can now reduce the time taken to travel to school.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know what my gift purchased?
- You’ll receive a thank you letter from your sponsored child and a picture of what they have purchased, and how it is making a difference. Please allow at least 4 months to receive a response.
Why is there a minimum donation of USD$100?
- Our field staff has requested this minimum. They found that a USD$100 minimum enables them to purchase meaningful, impactful gifts. We want to make the best use of your donation for your child, and we want to be good stewards of our field staff’s time and resources. It can take a considerable amount of time and fuel for our staff to travel to the (often remote) villages where many sponsored children live.
Why is a percentage of the gift notification shared with the community?
- Since the best way to help a child, and to help all children thrive, is to strengthen their entire community, 25% of all gifts under US$200 and any amount over US$200 will go to help your child’s community.
(Please note that gifts for the community may not be acknowledged in the thank-you letter you receive from your sponsored child. However, be assured that your gifts are being used wisely, and may be reflected in your annual Community Updates.)
How often can I give a gift?
- We have been asked by our field colleagues to limit the number of gift notification given to an individual child to no more than 1 per year. The primary reason is to reduce jealousy in the community. It also takes considerable time for World Vision staff to process, which takes them away from caring for the well-being of all children in the community.
For Gift Notification enquiries, kindly contact email@example.com.
If you would like to send a GN, please fill up the form below (per sponsored child) and our staff will contact you to confirm the gift, cost and the payment method.