Bringing sustained hope and help to the poor, one child at a time
World Vision’s Child Sponsorship Programme tackles the root causes of poverty in the lives of children, families and their communities, empowering them to achieve self-sufficiency.
For S$45 a month, you uniquely sponsor a girl or a boy by providing his or her family and community with life’s basic needs, specifically: water and sanitation, health and nutrition, food security, education and economic development.
Your contributions are pooled with that of other sponsors to fund community projects that result in the long-lasting transformation of the life of a child and his or her community!
When you become a child sponsor, you will receive:
- A welcome packet with picture folder of your sponsored child and profile of the community where your sponsored child lives
- Yearly child photos and annual progress report on your sponsored child
- Letters from your sponsored child
- Opportunities to visit your sponsored child and community
How does Child Sponsorship work?
World Vision helps your sponsored child through the Area Development Programme (ADP) in his or her community. Through ADPs, we identify where we work and who we work with, and then carry out development activities specific to an ADP’s needs.
With the collective support of sponsors, we usually work in an ADP for 15 years to bring transformation. This is done in 3 phases to bring change at a pace that is sustainable.
Parents of sponsored children receive useful skills training and income-generating opportunities to help them provide and care for their family in the long term. The lives of other members of the community are also enriched as knowledge is transferred and resources are shared.
Eventually, communities take ownership of their projects and continue the work that was started. In this way, lives are transformed through sustainable, long-term development projects!
To get a clearer understanding of how Child Sponsorship actually works and helps the community, watch this video:
Have questions about child sponsorship? Read more at our FAQ here, or call us at 6922 0144.
If you prefer to have us walk you through the process of Child Sponsorship, fill in your details below and we’ll get back to you at your indicated time slot.
Please ensure that a local contact number is provided.
* These fields are required.
Hear what other Child Sponsors are saying
At World Vision, we envision a healthy, fulfilled childhood for the world’s most vulnerable girls and boys. Our aspirations for them are:
- Good health
- Educated for life
- Experience love of God and their neighbours
- Cared for, protected and engaged
Moreover, World Vision examined how to better focus on these aspirations in an operational manner, developing these four Child Well-being goals to strive towards:
1. Better Health for children
- Children well-nourished
- Children protected from disease
- Children and caregivers access health service
2. Children are protected and participating
- Children cared for
- Children are registered at birth
- Children are respected participants
3. Educating Children for Life
- Children read, write and use numeracy skills
- Adolescents ready for economic opportunity
- Children access and complete basic education
4. Experience Love
- Children enjoy positive relationships with peers and community members
- Children care for environment
- Children have hope for the future
This shift towards outcome over activity, such as monitoring literacy rates over the number of schools built, improves our accountability to communities and donors, who will be able to see how World Vision is contributing directly to children’s well-being. The improved statuses of children will indicate that all our efforts are integrating successfully.