“I just want a house like other children,” says 9-year-old Maysoon, who used to stay in a 2-bedroom house shared between two Bedouin families. In 2012, Maysoon and his family were given half an hour to vacate when the authorities arrived to demolish his house.
Maysoon’s family is just one of many in the West Bank that experience instability in their daily life, with limited access to basic necessities and high unemployment rates. Maysoon and his family do not have a place that they can call ‘home’.
Children like Maysoon are the reason we strive to continually improve and transform communities. Through child sponsorship, we are able to provide temporary shelters and food baskets to these children and families.
Join us on a trip to West Bank and meet children and families who shares hopes and dreams like we do. Amidst the fragility of the environment, bring a spark of joy to your sponsored child as you spend time interacting with them and see how your sponsorship has transformed their lives.
Trip Cost: S$2,130/- (Flights excluded)
*This In-Country-Cost includes Holy Land Sightseeing, to some main tourist attractions!
Day 1: Flight to Tel Aviv, Israel
Day 2 to 5:
- Spend time with vulnerable families and children like the Bedouins
- Visit caravan schools and child-friendly kindergartens and understand how these act as little havens for children in a harsh environment
- Observe healthcare interventions and the impact of creating access to basic healthcare services for children in remote areas
- Witness peace-building work and how this builds harmony and fosters better relationships between children and communities
- Interact with youths benefiting from vocational opportunities and learn what it means to their family income
- Meet with your sponsored child and enjoy precious time with his/her family
- Sightseeing at Holy Land sites and main tourist attractions
Day 6: Flight back to Singapore
*Optional extension in Israel is to be done on a personal basis
If you would like to join us, please sign up before 15 June 2019. Details will follow after your registration. Please note that registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
A pre-trip briefing will be held on 19 September 2019, Thursday at 7.00pm at our office (10 Tannery Lane, #06-01/02, Singapore 347773).
To register for the trip and make a payment, you will need to login to your digital account before you can view the registration form below.
If you are an existing donor but logging in on this new site for the first time, please request for a new password using your email address here. If you do not have an account / partner number, please create a new account. Thank you!