Living in Ethiopia, 13-year-old Afrase had no choice but to drink dirty pond water every day. One time, a big leech lodged in her throat. “I could have lost my daughter. I do not want to remember that day any longer,” says Sidise, her mother.
Last year, World Vision constructed a spring in Afrase’s village, providing her and more than 50 households with clean water! “Now, I feel as if I have started a new life. It may seem simple to others, but we know how we have been suffering with dirty water until World Vision came,” says Sidise.
Join us for a trip to Ethiopia, Yaya Gulele, and meet the children and families whose lives have been transformed through clean water, food security, quality education and more! Be inspired and broaden your perspectives as you walk alongside a people full of tenacity, resilience and love.
Trip Cost: $915/- (Flights Excluded)
Min. 10 pax to go
Trip Highlights Include:
- Meeting sponsored children face to face and connecting with them on a personal level
- Listening to inspiring real-life stories from children and families who now have clean drinking water
- Reading with children at reading camps that improve their literacy
- Witnessing how farming families are able to grow enough food, despite the challenges of climate change, deforestation and soil infertility
- Seeing the important role health clinics play for children and pregnant mothers
- Visiting Debre Libanos, a 13th century monastery, and witness the splendor of the Blue Nile Gorge
If you would like to join us, please sign up before 31 July 2019. Details will follow after your registration. Please note that registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
A pre-trip briefing will be held on 14 November 2019, Thursday at 7.00pm at our office (10 Tannery Lane, #06-01/02, Singapore 347773).
To register for the trip and make a payment, you will need to log in to your digital account before you can view the registration form below. The password for all donor accounts have been reset.
If you are an existing donor but logging in on this new site for the first time, please request for a new password using your email address here. If you do not have an account / partner number, please create a new account. Thank you!