Learn about the transformational impact of Child Sponsorship as you come face to face with Jackson Ole Sapit from Kenya and Merlyn Guillermo from Philippines, both former World Vision sponsored children.
Date: 9 March 2019 (Sat)
Time: 11am – 1.30pm
Venue: The Pavilion @ Far East Square
Sharing by former World Vision sponsored children, Archbishop Jackson Ole Sapit and Merlyn Guillermo
Panel discussion on World Vision's community approach to Child Sponsorship
Journey through our interactive country booths to see how mini miracles are created in the lives of children in these areas - Indonesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Sri Lanka, West Bank and Zambia.
- Making food pellets to save Mongolian livestock from harsh winters
- Face-painting with Thanaka that also acts as a natural sunblock in Myanmar
- Solving the puzzle of poverty with a dramatic story telling session about a girl in Sri Lanka
- Joining the challenge of helping a family of 9 survive on 2 pieces of bread in the West Bank
- Preventing a future landslide during a typhoon
- Playing the Game of Chance and empowering a girl in the Philippines
Find out how a child’s life is transformed through community empowerment and the models of development that address both the emotional, spiritual and physical well-being of the child. Simple lunch will be provided. Help us to spread the word about our work in poverty-stricken communities by inviting your friends and family to join in as well! Seats are limited, so sign up soon!
Please contact email@example.com or 6922 0144 if you require any additional information.