Registration is open.
Take a flight to the ancient capital of Xi’an, the home of the army of terracotta warriors, and traverse the mountains to Yaozhou to be the first to witness the change you have made in the life of your sponsored child and community.
At the hint of first snow, connect with vulnerable families while wrapping Jiaozi, traditional Chinese dumplings. Step into cave dwellings, a fading feature of Shaanxi’s poor, as you get acquainted with the resilience of “left-behind” children in the face daunting migration circumstances.
Trip Cost: S$980/- (Flights Excluded)
Min. 10 pax to go
Day 1: Depart from Singapore to Xi-an.
Day 2 to 4:
- Meet with your sponsored children in the community centres.
- Witness the impact of children sponsorship through education, child protection and, WaSH (water and sanitation health) interventions.
- Wrap “Jiao-zi” with vulnerable families right at the birthplace of this great Chinese dumpling tradition.
- Teach English to “left-behind” children at a World Vision launched children’s activity centre.
- Be awed by the grandeur Emperor Qin’s Terracotta Army.
- Visit Huaqing Palace & Hotspring, where Emperor Tang’s love for his concubine Yang Guifei unfolded.
Day 6: Flight back to Singapore.
If you would like to join us, please sign up before 11 October 2017, Wednesday. Details will follow after your registration. Please note that registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. A minimum of 10 registrants are required for this trip to take place.
A pre-trip briefing will be held on 12 October 2017, Thursday at 7.30pm at our office (10 Tannery Lane, #06-01/02, Singapore 347773).
If you are unable to make it for the trip, you may consider sending a care-of gift. To reserve a space, please register via the web-form below.